Status of HLFS project

Robert Baker bobb at netslyder.net
Wed Sep 27 12:45:42 PDT 2006

I am for sure interested in any of the changes you have made. Especially
if there are any errors in the book. I am trudging through jhalfs with
my edited version trying to get everything to flow completely automated.
I do however agree with Robert Connolly that we should probably target
the 2.4 kernel branch. I agree because 2.4 has a more solid track
record, not to mention the seeminlgy experimental state of a lot of
components 2.6 has added. I am running a few 2.6 based HLFS boxes as
production servers, and don't have any issue with them. So admittedly it
is more of a precautionary measure than a necessary one. I am sure
others on the list can come up with arguments for either direction.

My edited book is still a work in progress due to the fact that I
actually want to be able to run jhalfs walk away, and come back to a
completed run before I call it ready for testing. But I could post what
changes I have made on one of my servers whenever I get home later tonight.

To be honest SVN-20060717 works pretty much as is from my experience if
you want to build a system based on linux 2.6. But still I am definately
interested in seeing the changes you have made.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses courtesy of Netslyder, Inc.(http://www.netslyder.net)]