Status of HLFS project

Sebastian Faulborn sfaulborn at web.de
Wed Sep 27 09:19:20 PDT 2006

I have already developed a pretty stable HLFS (ie. I have not found a
bug yet...).

Have a look at http://www.secure-slinux.org.

Basically it is based on HLFS SVN-20060717 with kernel updated to
2.6.17.8 and grsecurity
updated to 2.1.9-2.6.17.8.

There are a few bugs fixed in the book. It would be a matter of a few
hours to list them here in
the mailing list.

It has a lot of features added and lots of packages from BLFS run on it
with no problem at all,
including XOrg, XFCE, Firefox, postfix, fcron, etc. Of course for a base
HLFS we don't need
those packages.

A slightly older version (however with little change) has been running
for over half a year on
a production server. No problems either.

If there is any interest, I could post those changes!

Sebastian Faulborn