cryptodev

Alex Merry alexander.merry at ccc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 17 15:17:26 PDT 2006

On Sunday 17 September 2006 23:02, Robert Connolly wrote:
> I like it. It works well. Thanks.
>
> Is it practical to add a --selftest option which checks known values,

Seems like something that should go in a seperate script to me,
distributed with the digest script: it is something that is only useful
to the developer and a seperate script would test the interface to the
program, which seems the major point of such a test (the digesting is
done by openssl, which should be tested by it's own [much more
comprehensive] testsuite).

> to make sure it's working? Also, maybe add openssl's version to
> --version?

Good idea. Something like:
(HLFS) 1.20060917 (using OpenSSL 0.9.8c 05 Sep 2006)

ie:
${me} (HLFS) 1.20060917 $(openssl version)

Alex :-)

--
Pippin
Computer Monkey to the Pelican