cryptodev

Alex Merry alexander.merry at ccc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 17 09:38:56 PDT 2006

On Sunday 17 September 2006 00:00, Robert Connolly wrote:
> I'm not much of an sh scripter. I think a shell script would be
> better than patching Coreutils to use libcrypto. OpenSSL also

Why?

> supports a few other digest algorithms. A single script could have
> md5sum/sha1sum/ripemd160sum symlinks to it, using:

I happen to agree with the FSF that programs should not change their
behaviour because their name has been changed, but that's just personal
preference. I think there should be an override option that selects the
digest independently of the executable name, at least.

Alex :-)

--
Pippin
Computer Monkey to the Pelican