netbsd's patch(1)

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 17 09:06:40 PDT 2006

I started to package it, with autotools:
http://www.topside.org/~ashes/new/bsd-patch/

I added strlcat.c, strlcat.h, strlcpy.c, and strlcpy.h, so everyone can use it
(configure needs to check if you have them in libc). I used the strlcat from
openbsd because netbsd's has assertions checking, and needs modification to
work with Linux. I'm adding gcc4 stuff, like fortify_source and -fpie, to
configure. And I fixed the -Dlint thing. I'm planning to call it 'npatch'
(netbsd patch).

It compiles with '-format=2 -Wshadow -Wall -Werror -Wfatal-errors' btw.

robert