Status of HLFS project

Jason Stevens jastev at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Sep 14 14:38:47 PDT 2006

Robert Connolly wrote:

> I'm sorry to say I'm much better being an hlfs-unstable maintainer than
> hlfs-stable maintainer. I'd love to have hlfs-stable, but I never stop
> finding things to break/fix :-) If releasing hlfs-stable is a priority then
> it would be a good idea to create a second branch which removes the
> half-working stuff and stabilizes the rest. I honestly don't see an end to
> the instability without a second maintainer :-\

I have interest in a production-capable -stable branch, and time to
donate.  What I have less of is skill, but I'd like to change that :)

I'd be happy to do grunt work under the direction of someone more
experienced, to further this end.  I've built HLFS (and played around
with a lot of homegrown variations) many times now, and followed the
list for a year or so.

Let me know how I can help,

-jps