uClibc patches

Christophe CACHAT christophe.cachat at fr-software.com
Sat Sep 9 13:00:13 PDT 2006

Thanks Robert,

I managed to get a few steps further with the patches I took from
uclibc.org, but I now end up with some weird behaviour in my
"manually-automated" process (derived from jhalfs) to rebuild my HLFS.
I think I am missing something either in the initial configuration of
the uClibc or in the cocoon toolchain. I think I am going to give you
the time to upload the patches to linuxfromscratch.org and/or to the
NEO archive... BTW do you plan to do that any time soon?

Anyway thanks for your help, I keep on trying to figure out my
problems (and try not to embarrass myself with silly questions to the
list).

Best regards,

Christophe.

Robert Connolly wrote:
> In general you can look in here:
> http://www.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/buildroot/toolchain/
>

> unless its in the NEO patches. I think the only one really
> different from uclibc.org's patches is the gcc-uClibc_conf patch,
> because the ld.so location is configured from the gcc-specs patch.
> The gcc index_macro and fix_fastmath patches are intended for
> uClibc. Use the Binutils patches from uclibc.org. Between myself
> and Kevin Day (I think), it looks like everything except SSP works.
> With SSP disabled you can use either 0.9.28 or a snapshot with
> gcc-4.1.1... although I'm not sure what -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 will do
> to 0.9.28.
>
> robert
>
> On Friday 08 September 2006 16:48, Christophe CACHAT wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently switched from the glibc to the uClibc version of HLFS
>> mainly for size requirements. I am using an up-to-date SVN
>> version (20060907) and since a few days I can't find the
>> uClibc-specific patches referenced in section 4.3 (i.e. when you
>> moved away from 0.9.28 I guess). I used to look into NEO archive
>> in ~robert directory but nothing came after 20060815 :'(
>>
>> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/hlfs/svn/copyerrs tells
>> me that automated processes can't find them either and following
>> the links in the online version of HLFS book end up in a "Page
>> not found".
>>
>> Is there a repository I can look into, or are they embedded
>> somewhere in a SVN repository along with other sources. I did
>> look into mailing lists archives but couldn't find anything else
>> than the NEO archive.
>>
>> Hope you will help me to re-enjoy the uClibc side of HLFS now
>> that I am addicted to the quality of that distribution: a great
>> piece of work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Christophe.

- --