Mesa-6.5 patches - no texrels

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:51:31 PDT 2006

These patches actually should still work on 6.4, the areas in which
they are related have not changed between the versions.

the GLX_NO_TEXREL-2 is what is needed to get rid of the texrels I
when installing linux-dri-x86 only.
This does not do anything for linux-dri, or any of the others.
I would work on the others, by my assembly language skills are only
amateur.

The patch by default does not apply the change, in order to do that,
-DGLX_NO_TEXREL must be passed, so I made a patch to do this
automatically to Mesa's config.  This is done applied directly to the
Mesa source, so for the monothilic build, you will probably have to
change into the subdir where mesa resides.  This patch is called:
linux-dri-x86-1. As the name suggests, it applies only to the
linux-dri-x86 install.

I also updated the LIB/INCLUDE path in there to be /usr/lib
and /usr/include instead of /usr/X11R6/lib and /usr/X11R6/bin.
If you don't like that, a re-diff could be made, or it could be sed'd
away.