To segfault or not to segfault..

Kevin Day drealin01 at cox.net
Mon Jun 19 22:09:17 PDT 2006

> You can add:
>
> %{ffast-math:%eError "Don't use -ffast-math"}

I am guessing then I can use this to auto-disable ffast-math as well? (rather than flag an error)  I'll have to peek inside that hardened-specs file you've created and compare.

This would be quite useful to force unwanted optimizations.
My host system is a usb-removable drive, that is plugged into different machines depending on my location.  If auto-detected optimizations were allowed, I'd have random Athlon/Pentium2/AMD64/IntelDuel..etc optimizations and all would segfault to no end..