(no subject)

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 16 11:05:31 PDT 2006

On June 16, 2006 01:49 pm, Kevin Day wrote:
> My -fstack-protector problems:
>   undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
>   undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'
>   These problems have something to do with gcc/targhooks.c and
>   get_identifier(..). The only things that will not work are dealing
>   with the get_identifier calls. I donot know enough about
>   get_identifier to safeley touch anything with it.

gcc-4.1.1 won't find ssp support in uclibc. The gcc/configure script for ssp
is demented. It checks for glibc version 2.4 (or higher) in /usr/include. So
if you --disable-libssp with uclibc, gcc's ssp won't work and you'll get
those undefined references. If you don't use --disable-libssp, then gcc will
link to libssp.so. That's why I used gcc_cv_libc_provides_ssp=yes to force
gcc to believe libc has the new ssp functions (__stack_chk_*).

BTW, using --disable-libssp and gcc_cv_libc_provides_ssp=yes seems to work.
gcc will install libssp.so but won't use it. But this doesn't fix the
problems I posted previously.