uClibc

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 28 13:08:53 PDT 2006

Robert,

   The heat here in Toronto has baked my brain and it's dumb question time.
   I ran jhalfs against the uClibc branch and it died a horrible death
on chap 5.4 uClibc. I noticed you no longer build the uClibc headers in
a separate script, you jump in feet first into a full build. However
uClibc is looking for stack_chk_guard and stack_chk_local_fail. This is
not available until the embryo is built. Just a piece of info (or noise
if you are already looking into this)

  The glibc branch ran to completion and I was able to boot and ping a
remote site. (not a test but it's a start). Total build time 3h20m and a
3.2g intel 630 w/1g mem box.