0.2 Roadmap

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 27 00:42:49 PDT 2006

On July 26, 2006 01:39 pm, Sebastian Faulborn wrote:
> Maybe we should state the overall goal of HLFS first!

I think I've been the only one advocating that HLFS be a "how to hardened a
linux system from scratch", while the majority want "how to harden a
linuxfromscratch system". The difference between the two is trivial and only
affects aesthetics, and I don't think its worth debating anymore. This means
keeping inetutils and iproute2.

That said, I think the overall and primary goal of HLFS is, or should be,
education, and everything else needs to be legitimized by that goal.