0.2 Roadmap

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 24 15:15:03 PDT 2006

On July 24, 2006 05:06 pm, M.Canales.es wrote:
> I think that BHLFS packages should be removed from the book and placed into
> the Trac wiki. An appendix could be added discussing common options and
> procedures to build aditional packages.

I agree. This would be better for HLFS, BLFS, and their users. uClibc
instructions could be added to the BLFS book, for example, to add to the BLFS
userbase. Especially now that SSP is in gcc-4.1, special instructions for SSP
can be in BLFS to benefit all users. I'll have to go over this with the BLFS
group.

> Also, to keep the focus on the technical text (and to reduce the book size
> and maintenance work) the "Contents" sections and maybe some pages could be
> replaced by links to the LFS book.

I agree with this too, but I need to go over this line by line to see what can
be linked to and what should be reworded.