svn build, glibc error..

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 5 12:20:12 PDT 2006

Sorry about that. I never tested with binutils-2.17 to see if it worked with
glibc-2.3.6, I just assumed it would. Greg Schafer provided links to the
following patches on the alfs mailing-list:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/glibc-cvs/2005-q4/msg00564.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/glibc-cvs/2005-q4/msg00565.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2005-11/msg00033.html

I don't plan on keeping glibc-2.3.6 for very long, so I don't want to waste
time sending patches to patches at lfs. If it looks like it'll be a while before
I get glibc-2.4 in, I might revert the book to using binutils-2.16.1.

robert