Toolchain upgrades

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 1 23:44:32 PDT 2006

Today there should be an update to the hlfs-book including binutils-2.17 and
several other changes. New patches were sent to patches at lfs, and until they
are committed they can be found at:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/new/newpatches/20060701/

I am still working on the gcc-4.1 and glibc-2.4, toolchain; I expect this to
be the toolchain of the hlfs-stable book, with uClibc-0.9.29 perhaps. The GNU
side of things is candidate for stable. All that remains is Linux and uClibc
to match, and to take advantage of their features.

I wish to have the arc4random and blowfish libraries as optional patches in
the book too.