Library relocation error

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Sat Jan 21 14:01:04 PST 2006

DRI is proving to be a major PITA. Not least, because Mesa and/or
the drm packages are a quite 'promiscuous' about library installs!

A further issue is that the libGL.so.1.2 that comes with the
drm common tarball is precompiled. Other versions come from Mesa
in Xorg-6.9.0 & Xorg-7.0.0

ATM, I have some version of libGL.so.1.2 installed in a number of
places and am getting this error from glxinfo

Can someone translate this errorspeak?

Error while loading shared library /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1
cannot make segment writable for relocation. Permission denied.

I also get an error from the module on the symbol drm_cleanup_pci,
which is apparently exported in some .c file in the source,
although I have yet to find what that is when compiled.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.