Tree of HLFS base?

Dermot Bradley bradley at tangram.nildram.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 19:26:31 PST 2006

Hi there

> > An easy way to get a minimal system is a kernel plus busybox; if
> > you're adamant about omitting every utility you don't actually have
> > to have, you can use busybox's configuration system to omit all the
> > modules you decide you don't want.
>
> Perfect.  Any tips on building it under HLFS?

I've been using Busybox with LFSfor a while and more recently with
HLFS-uClibc.

I originally tried building Busybox early in Ch.6 instead of
Coreutils/Findutils etc but found that varios package's used obsure
command options for various utilities that Busybox's versions did
support....so now at the end of Ch. 6 I build Busybox to replace stock
sed/find/init/etc with the smaller alternatives.