Compiling Modular Xorg 7

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Mon Jan 16 22:51:57 PST 2006

> > If you haven't got past the module loading error (Now bug #5585)
> > it will be academic to install, because of the brokenness of
> > dlloader on hardened systems. If that's beaten, Tell me how!
>
> There is an option in the settings file of the PBGxorg
> scripts called "HS_NONOW". In theory (and probably very poor
>  theory) the HS_NONOW="export LDBIND_FLAGS='-nonow'" will
> fix that problem.  The scripts will pass this option to all of the video & input drivers only.  With some luck, that
> might work..
>
> As soon as I get myself a free computer to dedicate to the
>  hardened specs, I'll be able to fool with this.  (It will
> also be much better for me to debug with two separate builds
>  in parallel, identical except for one's hardened and the
> others not.)
>
> -- Note --
> Unfortunately, I have failed to get Direct Rendering, yet
> again.  This time I am using the Mesa properly (make
> linux-dri-x86)  It still nicer as even on software rendering
>  I am seeing glxgears go 100fps faster.  The make linux +
> glxgears produced about 250fps and the make linux-dri-x86
> produced 350fps, so even if I am not using hardware, it is
> at least notably faster.

You may find inspiration in the following place

http://freedesktop.org/~ajax/

It seems he's responsible for everything we're bellyaching about
:-/. There's a patch archive, and various docs. Watch the dates -
there's a cleanup coming I'm sure, but it hasn't happened yet.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.