Compiling Modular Xorg 7

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Mon Jan 16 16:12:33 PST 2006

> > If you haven't got past the module loading error (Now bug #5585)
> > it will be academic to install, because of the brokenness of
> > dlloader on hardened systems. If that's beaten, Tell me how!

> There is an option in the settings file of the PBGxorg scripts
> called "HS_NONOW". In theory (and probably very poor theory) the
> HS_NONOW="export LDBIND_FLAGS='-nonow'" will fix that problem.
> The scripts will pass this option to all of the video & input
> drivers only.  With some luck, that might work..

I wish you luck. I went into the makefiles. I found $MODLDFLAGS
and added -nonow everywhere in the modules; no go. It's the
dlloader (part of the Xserver, IIRC) that has the problem. Watch
for a patch on this. Have a look in these places

Xorg-6.9:
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/loader/dlloader.c
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/loader/dlloader.h

Xorg-7.0.0:
xorg-7.0.0/xserver/xorg-server-X11R7.0-1.0.1/hw/xfree86/loader/dlloader.h
xorg-7.0.0/xserver/xorg-server-X11R7.0-1.0.1/hw/xfree86/loader/dlloader.c

> Unfortunately, I have failed to get Direct Rendering, yet
> again.  This time I am using the Mesa properly (make
> linux-dri-x86)  It still nicer as even on software rendering
>  I am seeing glxgears go 100fps faster.  The make linux +
> glxgears produced about 250fps and the make linux-dri-x86
> produced 350fps, so even if I am not using hardware, it is
> at least notably faster.

If you do manage dri, talk to us all.
--

	With best Regards,