Chapter 6 build time information

Tha D0od d0odman at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 14 07:22:24 PST 2006

I got around to doing chapter 6 yesterday and a fair bit of today.  Here are
the results.  I did a `du -sh` of all the directories in / to track disk
space usage, as well as a `du -sh` of the unpacked archive.  Again, no tests
were run, and the time command enclosed everything after a patch and
configure, including that long sed command for flex.  The kernel was
configured with default values, except for turning on grsecurity and
changing security to the high setting.  The SBU value I put in there are
normalised against their respective first pass binutils compile from chapter
5 that I posted just recently.

Miscellaneous specs of the build system:  1.6 Pentium M 1MB cache, 512MB
ram, 512MB swap, two ttys open (lynx open on one viewing working book,
chroot'd on second), reiserfs partition, booted off LFS 6.1-3 live CD.