Wish for this Page

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 13 21:13:22 PST 2006

I agree, but I haven't really brainstormed this. I also want a page exploring
differences between uClibc and Glibc. Grsecurity's page should help with
access controls. Grsecurity features are explained well in the kernel help
menu, I'm not sure if its worth it to copy/reword this, but there may be
issues not explained in the help menu.

Toolchain help is a big topic, and is mainly out of scope of HLFS. We can only
really include things that are directly related to HLFS (like how some
characters of the Lord Of The Rings book were left out of the movie, because
they were not directly involved with the ring). It would be nice if a doc
highlighted more than just optimization features of the GNU toolchain though.

The Procps perhaps should have an example /etc/sysctl.conf to make people
aware, and remind others, that it exists. The lfs-bootscripts use it on boot.

robert