Xorg 6.9/7.0 compile failure

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Mon Jan 9 08:07:15 PST 2006

[SNIP]

> I remarked on this from my rather imperfect script.
> You can get further information at:
> www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=378616
> My "quick fix" is not ideal, but will get the job done:

Kevin, you don't know me very well. If I have the quick fix, why
on earth would I want more information :-D?

The above is not a universal truth, but certainly holds here.

> sed -e 's|__u16|unsigned short|g' -e 's|__u32|unsigned|g' -i \
> hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/lnx_agp.c
> cp -v /usr/include/linux/agpgart.h /usr/include/linux/agpgart.h.orig
> sed -e 's|__u16|unsigned short|g' -e 's|__u32|unsigned|g' \
> -i /usr/include/linux/agpgart.h

I wasn't building off the scripts. I was building 6.9(=7.0) off
the source with X's build system, so I kinda left your script
fixes to one side. That xcbuild/exports/include/X11 directory may
be a cause of your weirdness also, if it exists in any way, shape
or form.

> I really should make it in the patch form to prevent sed's commands
> from grabbing anything it should not..

If you're doing a version for xorg-6.9, you might.

1. Extract imakemdep_cpp.h from the Imakefile & Makefile.ini in config/imake/

2. Make the system make the /exports/include/X11 dir instead of
having to do it manually.

3. Remove the data from the line 38 in programs/xdm/Imakefile about
Imakefile:38:RPCLIB = -lrpcsvc.

I would suggest also that using the established build system is
probably a more direct way to get the sources built. I'll apply
your sed and find out.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.