Tree of HLFS base?

Jason Stevens jastev at alumni.rice.edu
Sun Jan 8 12:59:52 PST 2006

Bennett Todd wrote:

> That said, I'm not sure any special hints would be needed for
> busybox under HLFS

Having just gone through it for what feels like 100 times, it appears
that at the very least, you'd need to adjust the Makefile to support
PIE, ie sed -e 's/.*_CFLAGS = .*$/& -pie -fpie/'

Bash, at least, also requires a few extra flags to the configure script,
presumably because HLFS is HFS-compliant and the defaults for bash
aren't (?).

I'll figure it out once I have the stock system compiled and working,
and then repost...

-jps