Java compile under HLFS

Aki Tuomi cmouse at desteem.org
Sun Jan 8 03:42:29 PST 2006

Some things to consider when compiling Java:

First of all, you will need gcc 2.95. Just install it under
/opt/something and use ALT_GCC29_COMPILER_PATH to tell the install root
of gcc-2.96

I have it under /opt/gcc2, so i set ALT_GCC29_COMPILER_PATH="/opt/gcc2"

Then, unlike BLFS, you _will_ have to set CXXFLAGS and CFLAGS to this
value:

export CFLAGS="-fno-stack-protector-all -pie -fpie"
export CXXFLAGS="-fno-stack-protector-all -pie -fpie"

Java *will not work* with stack protector, so disable it. You don't need
to set INSANE=yes with this. I am still working on with few problems
with the java build but am sure that I can work them out.

Aki Tuomi