Tree of HLFS base?

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 8 00:08:38 PST 2006

The most advisable way to construct a server system would be to build a
complete hlfs system first, as a mother system. Then follow something like
the boot-floppy howto, copying programs and libraries you want to an image or
tarball. This was you have a proper mother system, and you can avoid
installing development docs, headers, and other unneeded files to the server.
It can all be done from the chroot without rebooting to the mother system,
and /mnt/hlfs wouldn't need to be on its own partition either.

robert