Educational question

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 25 17:55:52 PST 2006

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 02:49:43PM -0800, Jason Stevens wrote:

> That being said, however, I don't see text in the hint which suggests
> that you prefer moving mtab.  The only guidance I see is:

That is because I did not wish to unduly influence people reading it nor
give them a reason to not do their research. ;)

> I infer from the fact that you're bringing this up that you *do* have a
> preference, and that it's to move mtab.  This seems counter-intuitive to
> me, so obviously my next step is to search the list and see what others
> wrote about it.

I can save you some time. /proc/mounts will show virtual hidden
filesystems as is written in the hint. You will see two root mounts. One
ro and one rw. The rw one should be hidden but is not. There is no
functional difference.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch