Problem installing uClib.

Justin Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Tue Feb 14 11:29:31 PST 2006

Robert Connolly wrote:
> Second, uClibc-locale-030818.tgz should not be  bz2, I realize the package
> mirrors do this, but uclibc expects to find this file as a .tgz. Most of the
> compile errors are because the locales package/file is not being found.
I'm sorry, I have never heard anything about this until now.  The policy
on packages on the mirrors is that they are in bz2 format, unless a
package/book expects the original format (the groff patch in LFS
development is still gz for this reason) or other problems happen with
the re-compression.

Please contact me for any such problems so that I can fix it.  No reason
to have users having problems over a simple file format change.

I will revert the uClibc-locale package to tgz format later today.

Justin