openssl and coreutils and more

mordae mordae at thirdcms.org
Sat Dec 9 11:16:54 PST 2006

Hi,

> So anyway. In coreutils chapter 6 I'm planning to add alternatives
> for /bin/true and /bin/false for i386 assembly code.
+1, Funny

> Also, the
> sha/md5 stuff can be replaced by the openssl(1) shell script, which
> was on hlfs-dev not long ago.
I hear ya; http://jh.gvn.cz/~jd870911/hlfs/
Shall I autotoolize it, or do you want it as a patch?

> Also, an /sbin/nologin in assembly code would be cool too. Maybe
> someone here knows assembly enough to get it to print a message to
> stdout and exit with error?
The message should be configurable and nologin should also write to syslog.
Can you do that in asm?

- Mordae

P.S.: I have notes from my recent build, some bugs found, but I don't have it
by hand.