gcc 4.1 hath fallen

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:48:51 PST 2006

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f1a60dbf68061e5a5364cbc723786b355637ffd3

in addition to numerous problems the hlfs project (as well as my own
rigs) has faced, whenever the HLFS dev picks back up, gcc-4.1 should
be avoided.  But at the rate things are going gcc-4.2 should be out by
the time hlfs-dev picks back up (as opposed to hlfs-stable) to make
things all better.

Which reminds me, will there be a future split in the HLFS mailings
lists when dev picks back up?  Maintaining both stable and dev on one
mailings "might" cause trouble.  HLFS is quite small in popularity
when compared to the parent projects (LFS/BLFS), so mainting both
hlfs-stable and hlfs-dev on the same mailing list may be doable.
--
Kevin Day