Xorg Uclibc and Hlfs

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 16:12:16 PDT 2006

I "seem" to have fully work 3d-acceleration with and without the SSP
in the uClibc.

I have also noted that the new xorg 7.? (monolithic or not) has
increased the fps by 100 at the cost of causing the fps to degrade at
a high recursive rate.  So, moving xterms around and thus putting the
system to a complete crawl was mostly xorg's fault in this manner (or
actually Mesa). I've looked into ubuntu and other disto's with Xorg
7.? and found they went from 1200fps to 300fps from moving terminals
around the screen.  Xorg 6.8.2 did not seem to degrade at such a rapid
rate, but my memory is weak and I never payed attention as moving
terminals around never caused such a pathetic loss of fps.

I am curious if anybody else has noted this "pathetic" behavior.
I am using Mesa 6.5, perhaps I can try 6.4 (and remove my xgl support,
which only works with 6.5 as of yet) to see if it is purely Mesa
causing the problem.

My Linux 3d-acceleration has always been poor when compared to the
windows drivers (and so I cry at night), but with this new Xorg 7, it
is by far, much, much worse.

--
Kevin Day