gcc specs (and weekend update)

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Aug 14 00:48:29 PDT 2006

On Sunday 13 August 2006 08:18, M.Canales.es wrote:
> That means that coloured blocks are optional features?
>
> If so, we need to start working in jhalfs to can activate/deactivate
> selected features (fun, fun).

Don't worry about it for a while. The hardening gcc specs file needs to become
modular before the toolchain stuff can be optional, and I'm not in a hurry to
do that right now.

BTW, I think I've fixed a few of the test failures caused by -pie. A few of
the nptl tests link to the non-pie startfiles explicitly, so they need -nopie
ldflags, or fit !nostartfiles in the gcc specs. That only leaves about two or
three test failures left to figure out. I also want to get -z now working
better, rather than disabling it for all of Glibc.

The ld "-z defs", "--warn-shared-textrel", and "--fatal-warnings" options also
look usefull, the shared-textrel especially.