Fookailure of glibc-2.3.5 testsuite: rt/mqueue8.c when using with 2.6.11.12 kernel

Omar Belakhdar omar.belakhdar at kselnet.com
Thu Sep 22 01:16:02 PDT 2005

Good Morning every one,
I'm new to HLFS and after building the toolchain on a correctly built
LFS distribution using a 2.6.11.12 kernel, I'm expreiencing a test
failure with the mqueue8 rt test. I'm also using a user package method
that help a lot to get the correct logs and errors. But for this failure
no information is mentionned and the only thing is said is that the make
failed: .../rt/tst-mqueue8x.out ] Error 1.

I'm using the HLFS SVN-20050731.

Before compiling the glibc I applied all the patches mentionned on that
book including the fix_test-1 patch.

The LFS system that I'm building on has passed all the tested without
any problem and is quite stable.

Do I have to consider this problem as critical and rebuild the system
again although I did that twice and get the same problem?

My kernel configuration is quite simple, no special things are arround
even USB is not used.

Thanks for your help.
--
Omar Belakhdar