"__guard" Undefined

David Ciecierski davidcie at klub.chip.pl
Sat Sep 3 18:03:49 PDT 2005

Hello,
I'm just trying to compile a driver module for my ADSL modem (Sagem Fast
800, driver is called ueagle-atm). It's actually just two files .c + .h.
Upon make it gives the error above and "__stack_smash_handler" undefined
as well.
When I try to modprobe it, unsurprisingly get:
ueagle_atm: Unknown symbol __stack_smash_handler
ueagle_atm: Unknown symbol __guard
ueagle_atm: Unknown symbol _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_

I have "-fno-stack-protector" in my CFLAGS already. Anything else I
could do to ensure the thing is compiled w/o it?

--
David Ciecierski

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs