cannot boot

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 3 15:50:23 PDT 2005

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005, David Ciecierski wrote:

>> It most certainly does have to be selected.
>
> Yeah, my sys runs like a charm with it :-) Just a small question: with grsec
> every mount and unmount produces a few lines of text saying who is
> {,u}mounting something. Can that be turned off? I mean, it's not much use cos
> mount is not suid root on my box and as it's a server noone is expected to
> mount anything really... So it just clutters the display when booting ;-)

  I assume you still want this logged in syslog, which reduces the
problem to just another example of "syslog writes all over my console"
(common in LFS, but only with certain kernels and certain hardware).

  On my boxes I limit the console to only logging warnings or worse (if
my documentation is correct ;) with

sed -i 's/\(loadproc klogd\)/\1 -c 4/' /etc/rc.d/init.d/sysklogd

Ken