cannot boot

David Ciecierski davidcie at klub.chip.pl
Sat Sep 3 13:42:29 PDT 2005

>>1. I used udev-068 instead of 064 that is in HLFS book. Do you think it
>>might be just the thing that is breaking my system?
> That is likely the problem. udev is a wildly moving target with many
> changes every release (which happen nearly weekly right now).

Thanks! I'll try it once my next kernel does not manage to boot cleanly.
Another idea: do I need the kernel option TMPFS (ie. 'Virtual memory
file system support (former shm fs)')? I believe it only has to do with
the 'shm mount', but since it appears to be closely related I thought
I'd ask...

Regards,
David Ciecierski