cannot boot

David Ciecierski davidcie at klub.chip.pl
Sat Sep 3 06:03:27 PDT 2005

Hello,
just finished HLFS book and tried to boot for the first time. Kernel
uncompresses fine, but straight after that I get this error when udev
tries to mount tmpfs:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on tmpfs, missing
codepage or other error

Then the system halts. I had a look at fstab (twice), it's just as it is
in the book (with the exception of /boot and shm). As I am using pkg-usr
hint, I thought it could be that udevstart not being chown root is to be
blamed, but still no success. I have no idea what could have caused that
  error, except for grsec. Strangely enough, the new LFS boots fine with
the old LFS kernel from the other partition. And funnier still, for some
reason I can't boot LFS anymore (haven't had a look into that yet).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
David Ciecierski