ipv6

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 30 18:22:56 PST 2005

I think the ipv6 tunnel broker is beside the point I'm trying to get to. I
would mainly like to be ipv6-ready. Along with iputils, for ping6 and
traceroute6, the rtsol client and radvd daemon are also needed, for
autoconfiguring.

I think Chapter 8 is a good place, and shuffle the other chapters up. Or move
LibPNG to Chapter 9 "General Libraries and Utilities" with openssl/ssh, since
openssl and openssh are fairly general. And rename chapter 8, maybe to
"Additional Network Protocols", so ipv4 Ipsec (swan) can fit in there too.

Iptables/6 would then fit in Chapter 9.

http://www.linux-ipv6.org/ seems to be spearheading the ipsec and ipv6
development work. Linux isn't up to RFC standards yet. They have a tarball
(44MB) with various packages, including a modified current kernel, and
patches for Glibc. Not all of it is necsessary.