kdebase and uclibc

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 24 08:04:33 PDT 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, Robert Connolly wrote:

> Hi. I got kdebase-3.4.3 to compile under uClibc! Using qt-x11-free-3.3.5 and
> the qt-uclibc patch. I sent the kdebase-uclibc patch to patches at . It's
> superficial stuff. I borrowed getloadavg.c from coreutils-5.2.1, because
> getloadavg() does not exist in uClibc, and fixed a conflict with 'struct
> sysinfo' because uClibc redefines it in <sys/sysinfo.h>.
>
> I can finally use uClibc on my desktop! :-)
>
> robert

  Nice.  You don't have commit privileges for patches ?  If that's the
case, I guess that I can commit it for you (I'm slightly reluctant to
commit for BLFS packages, but since they don't support anything other
than x86 and glibc, I doubt it will hurt).

  I see you've sent this upstream - isn't kde an LGPL application ?
Might have difficulty persuading them to accept GPL'd code ;)

Ken