Install of uClibc-0.9.28 failed (chapter 6)

Tor Olav Stava t-ol-sta at online.no
Wed Oct 19 00:42:03 PDT 2005

Host: LFS-SVN-20050727, AMD Duron 1.3 (i686)

HLFS-BOOK-SVN-20051017
Trying to cross-compile for i586
Chapter 5: $target=i586-tools-linux-gnu
Chapter 6: $target=i586-pc-linux-gnu

I've built the toolchain as specified, but the uClibc install failes
with the following output:

install -d /lib
*** install -d /lib
install -m 644 lib/lib*-0.9.28.so \
        /lib
cp -dRf lib/*.so.* /lib
+ install -m 755 lib/ld-uClibc-0.9.28.so /lib
install -d /usr/lib
*** install -d /usr/lib
install -d /usr/include
*** install -d /usr/include
install -m 644 lib/*.[ao] /usr/lib/
if [ ""/usr"" == "/usr/" ] ; then \
        extra_exclude="--exclude include/linux --exclude include/asm'*'" ; \
else \
        extra_exclude="" ; \
fi ; \
tar -chf - include --exclude .svn --exclude CVS $extra_exclude \
        | tar -xf - -C /usr/
--exclude: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
.svn: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
--exclude: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
CVS: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
Error exit delayed from previous errors
include: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
Error exit delayed from previous errors
make: *** [install_dev] Error 2

I haven't found anything about this on the newsgroup, but to me it might
look like there's something weird about that tar command. Can anyone
advise on the correct action here?

Sincerely
Tor Olav Stava