"HAVE_ARC4RANDOM" redefined

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 18 16:37:48 PDT 2005

Hi. In kdebase-3.4.3 there is a warning about HAVE_ARC4RANDOM being redefined.
If I remember correctly there are other packages with this problem (openntpd,
and bind?). HAVE_ARC4RANDOM isn't defined in glibc's patch, I can't remember
why it was removed. It is still in uClibc's patch. "HAVE_ARC4RANDOM" is
defined by many packages configure scripts, and so causes conflicts with the
libc definition.

The openssl arc4random patch checks for HAVE_ARC4RANDOM (or OpenBSD), so with
Glibc it isn't doing anything. I have to fix this patch.

I'm changing Glibc's, uClibc's, and OpenSSL's arc4random patches to use
"LIBC_HAS_ARC4RANDOM".

Users may want to upgrade the libc and OpenSSL packages with the new patches,
by repeating the instructions in chapter 6 and 9.

Other packages, like bind, kde, openntpd, use programs run from ./configure to
properly check for the arc4random() function in libc.so, so they should not
need to be reinstalled.

Give the mirrors a day or two to get the new patches.