News Server Offline Indefinitely

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 9 07:36:00 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Greetings All:
>
> Due to various recurring issues with our news server, it has been
> decided to take it offline indefinitely. We apologize for any
> inconvenience this causes.
>
> In the meantime, the LFS server admins are researching making use of
> gmane.org for those users that prefer using news servers over mailing
> lists.

Jeremy, is it off for good with immediate effect, or are you going to
wait until the gmane stuff gets sorted out?  There are some lists that
aren't being mirrored at all by gmane, leaving those users who don't
want to subscribe to the lists no alternative.

I contacted the gmane guys today to see about getting things organised
with regard to a more consistent mirroring setup for all of the lists,
and am just waiting to hear back from them.

Regards,

Matt.