HLFS and Xorg (the almost 7 but still 6.8 version ;)

Kevin Day msu-kday at student.mcneese.edu
Sun Nov 6 08:06:23 PST 2005

> gcc version 4.1.0 20051105 (experimental)

Xorg and the latest gcc may not be getting along well.

---

Here is one of my own problems, I have Xorg-modular (7.0.0-rc1) compiled
successfully under gcc-3.4.4. (or so I thought it did..)

I can run Xorg, but it loads to a blank screen that stops displaying anything.
I used to have to reboot to fix this, but I found that qingy will reset the
display. (it seems the keys still work even though I cannot see anything)
Once I was able to get the screen back, I noticed the following linking error
that does not get spit to the Xorg log:

Xorg: cannot resolve symbol 'drmGetLibVersion'

I do have libdrm installed.  What could be causing this??
I also noted the following error..perhaps I missed a package?:

Couldn't open RGB_DB '/usr/lib/X11/rgb'