HLFS and Xorg (the almost 7 but still 6.8 version ;)

Rogelio M. Serrano Jr. rogelio at smsglobal.net
Sat Nov 5 23:06:23 PST 2005

On 2005-11-06 12:06:53 +0800 Robert Connolly
<robert at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On November 5, 2005 10:16 pm, Rogelio M. Serrano Jr. wrote:
>> I just gave up building monolithic xorg on hlfs. Linking always fails
>> with ld looking for the libraries in the wrong place.
>>
>> Is modular xorg any better?
>
> I've been using xorg and kde, with uclibc, hlfs on my desktop for the
> last
> six days. I used to use glibc hlfs. I've never had a problem, with
> xorg, with
> either. I use a standard xorg build (modular).
>
> robert

unfortunately modular xorg does not build also. pkg-config is not
working with configure at all.

i have reinstalled almost the whole toolchain and tried different
versions and still configure just dont work.

Im afraid i have the spend the next few months trying to find out why
the configure scripts with PKG_CHECK_MODULES is not working.

versions:
pkg-config 0.18
gcc version 4.1.0 20051105 (experimental)
autoconf 2.59
automake 1.9.6
m4 1.4.3