dumb newbie question

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 18 21:34:13 PDT 2005

On May 19, 2005 12:17 am, Jaap Struyk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is probably a dumb question, but will a Hlfs system still be able
> to run (closed) binairys and libs? (nvidia driver)

Run 'readelf -d driver.so | grep TEXTREL'. If there's something there then you
would need to not-enable 'disable text relocation' in the pax options. The
standard libGL.so from x11 is not a proper shared object, its not pic; thats
one of the things we patch xorg for. I know ATI distributes their driver with
the non-pic libGL.so.. but I'm not sure about nvidia.