can't find some patches

Shelton rick.shelton at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:47:11 PDT 2005

On 5/13/05, Archaic <archaic at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 05:29:28PM -0600, Shelton wrote:
> >
> > deep breath and here i go.
>
> Good luck! Many of us have been successful, but this is still in an
> alpha state. Feedback is very much welcome, even in the more mundane
> things like explanatory text. Afterall, the few of us who work on the
> book tend to let explanatory text go as an after thought sometimes. ;)

just got to the chapter about glibc. the patch mentioned there is -1.
glibc-2.3.5-ssp-1.patch
so i feel better about that one. and speaking of explanatory text, the
book says to unpack both glibc and glibc-libidn. glibc-libidn unpacked
into the PWD, not into the glibc-2.3.5 directory. I assume it is
supposed to be under the glibc-2.3.5 directory, so i moved it there.

incidentally, this is HLFS-BOOK-SVN-20050508. i'm on ch 5.6 right now.