can't find some patches

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 13 16:09:40 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 04:53:01PM -0600, Shelton wrote:

> glibc-2.3.5-ssp-2.patch <- listed in book
> glibc-2.3.5-ssp-1.patch <- closest match found

This one may be a show stopper, though I do not recall seeing a -2 patch
sent to the patches list for inclusion. If it did, it fell through the
cracks. I'd go ahead and use it unless you hear something to the
contrary.

> linux-2.6.11.8-pseudo_random-1.patch <- listed in book
> linux-2.6.11.7-pseudo_random-1.patch <- closest match found

This one most likely just wasn't renamed when the kernel was updated. I
have renamed it in the patches repo, but it won't show up until the next
website regeneration. You can just rename your copy.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs