testsuites

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 8 11:58:15 PDT 2005

On May 8, 2005 09:15 am, Archaic wrote:
> On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 02:28:38AM -0400, Robert Connolly wrote:
> > I have been able to rebuild glibc and uclibc hlfs systems with the
> > grsecurity kernel, but the testsuites have issues. Both glibc and
> > binutils tests will fail for various reasons.. pax will kill some of the
> > tests.
>
> What happens when you rebuild using a vanilla kernel?

That's fine. Glibc tests are killed because localedef is run through ld.so,
and ld.so isn't marked to emulate trampolines. After its installed is fine
though. Binutils tests are killed because it creates test libraries that try
to execute memory pages.

The problems are only with tests, and they pass with a vanilla kernel.