newbie vserver/auth question.

Solar Designer solar at openwall.com
Tue Mar 29 05:39:09 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 06:29:08AM +0200, Japie wrote:
> But how about the auth system, does pam add an extra security level or
> will it only add an extra "burden" for the admin?

PAM is just a framework.  It can be used to improve security or to
make it easier to manage a system, or it can be just extra burden.
It all depends on how you use it.

You can see how we're using PAM to improve the security of Owl here:

	http://www.openwall.com/pam/

To answer your precise question, PAM does not "add an extra security
level".

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598