fdisk / cfdisk

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 11 07:22:17 PST 2005

On March 11, 2005 07:04 am, thorsten wrote:
> Robert Connolly wrote:
> > Could someone with glibc and unistd.h patched linux-libc-headers please
> > try to build either vsftpd or proftpd and tell me if it will run.
> > Util-linux doesn't seem able to utilize the change in the headers.
> >
> > robert
>
> Still in need for the build? If yes, Ill try it. Any changes to the blfs
> svn?

Yes pls. I haven't tried it myself yet. I've been playing with my sound card
driver for the last couple days, it makes sound now :)

If vsftpd or proftpd compile/work with glibc then the unistd patch for
linux-headers works. uClibc isn't affected because it recodes/redefines the
affected syscalls while glibc uses then directly from the kernel headers. The
problem with these packages is from compiling with -fpic btw.