SELinux question (perhaps OT)

DHAJOGLO DHAJOGLO at smumn.edu
Tue Mar 8 11:20:13 PST 2005

I have read a few articles about the Selinux project at NSA.  I am relatively new to detailed security with linux (HLFS is my first real security centric work with linux) so I'm not too keen on some details.  Based on the FAQ at the NSA, http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/info/faq.cfm it sounds as if the SELinux code is already in the 2.6 kernel.  Further, in their FAQ, changes to the Selinux can be obtained from them (or source forge) as they are available.

So, does HLFS have a position on the Selinux project, or is it already present and just up the administrator to implement the security tools?

Or, does the SELinux piece need to be added manually (it sounds like that at source forge: http://selinux.sourceforge.net/about.php3)?

Thanks,
Dave